Looking for something else?
Big Virtual Switch is a data center network virtualization application that runs on Big Network Controller, the SDN controller for the Open Software-Defined Network (SDN). Open SDN is a product suite for network virtualization released in November of 2012 by Big Switch Networks.
Big Virtual Switch enhances network agility by creating dynamic virtual network segments. The increased virtual machine (VM) density helps to keep data center costs to a minimum. According to Big Switch Networks, other notable features of Big Virtual Switch include:
- Creation of a unified network topology.
- Increases in VM density of up to 50 percent.
- Isolation of data center workload traffic into segments in a virtual network.
- Dynamic updating of virtual network segments.
- Utilization of tunneling to extend virtual network segments across multiple data centers.
- Support for overlapping address ranges in a multi-tenant environment.
- Support for more than 32,000 virtual network segments and more than 1000 switches.
Continue Reading About Big Switch Networks Big Virtual Switch
'Big Switch Networks Big Virtual Switch' is part of the:
View All Definitions